Saturday, March 3, 2012

On my wishlist... (part 1)

Hello everyone! 

I have currently noticed I have my Notes app full of little ideas of things I really want to get. Even so, there are many more that I haven't listed on my phone, and I wanted to collect all of these beauty products I am DYING to try!


I hope you enjoy my wishlist, and maybe it will give you some inspiration on what new products to purchase (if you have the budget to do so, because I haven't)!


1. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
Since my conversion to the "au naturel" makeup routine, I have started thinking that a tinted moisturizer with SPF (such as this one, which has SPF 30) might be the wisest pick for my skin. And the fact that this tinted moisturizer is by NARS (my makeup brand crush) and is supposed to be an illuminating product, makes this all the more alluring. Oh, and it's oil-free

1 Finland, 2 Alaska, 3 St. Moritz, 4 Annapurna, 5 Cuba, 6 Malaga, 7 Seychelles, 8 Martinique, 9 Polynesia

It comes in 9 shades, and I have heard some (very few, I assure you) complaints because of the fact that the lightest shade (Finland) is not light enough for some people. But apparently, it does cover a really large range of colors, which is always a great thing for the darkest skins and lightest skins (I should know).

I will be trying out this product, to see if I am able to find the perfect shade for me, although I will pick a shade one step darker than my winter skin color, because I want to be able to use this in summer too, and since it's sheer, I think I might be able to use it all year round! (HOPEFULLY)

This product costs: 38€/42$

(Doesn't their skin look amazzzzzing?)


2. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation
I admit I have been dying to try this foundation too, since it's sheer too, and maybe, for the same reasons (illuminating, my-skin-but-better...etc.) although it doesn't contain any SPF (bummer) but, on the other hand, it's WAY CHEAPER (hey, I CAN afford this one right now!)

I've heard it has a very strong fruity scent WHILE applying, but once it's on your skin, it fades away. I must say, I love fruity scents, and scented makeup doesn't bother me the slightest, but I know some people really hate/can't cope with scented things. But, if it smells really well, I can't say no! (My skin is not very delicate and doesn't get irritated by these kind of things, but if you want to try this product and have these issues, you may want to try this out before you purchase it!) 

It apparently treats your skin too, making it luminous and such, but I can't believe this until it WORKS for me. There are 5 shades available, and they all tend to look quite yellowy, which for me is a plus because I have a pale-but-warm skin color. 

Definitely, will be trying this one out in little to no time (and I will post a review!)

Price: 18€ (approximately)/£10.99 (I haven't been able to find the price in $, but I don't even know if it's available in the US, actually. It is available in Canada, though.)

3. NARS Blushes

I am not known for my love of blushes, that is true, I'm more of a eyeshadow girl (now turned into a lipstick girl). I don't know how these changes come and go, but right now, I just want BLUSHES. Really beautiful blushes that I can use when having no other makeup product on, or with a very light foundation (such as the ones listed before). This is what the natural makeup look is doing to me! 

And, what brand is really well-known for its beautiful blushes? Well, of course, my beloved NARS.

I am currently crushing on a couple of shades, but I have to go to the NARS counter and SWATCH THEM ALL to really decide what I want to buy. 

Price: 29€ (D'OH!)/$28.00

Right now I am in love with:

A) GAIETY

(Picture by Temptalia)

I have been hearing all these amazing reviews about this color, and the fact that it's such a beautiful pink, has made me REALLY WANT this blush! 

B) EXHIBIT A
(Picture by Temptalia)

I know I might probably NOT be able to pull this off at all, but a girl can dream, right? 
Actually, worn lightly, it gives a beautiful glow (as seen on pictures), although you have to be very careful and be sure to tap off the excess from the brush you use to apply this with!

C) TAJ MAHAL

(Picture by Temptalia)

With this blush, I don't know. I have seen this on some medium skintoned people and it looks amazing! But will I be able to pull this one off? Hopefully! (If applied lightly, maybe?)

D) DESIRE


This blush looks a little warmer than Gaiety, but from the swatches I've seen, they don't differ that much! (Maybe I'm terribly wrong, because I haven't actually been able to swatch the real thing!) In the European NARS site, this color is NOT available. 


4. Highlighter

I actually haven't got an item that I really really want in this category, but I really really want a beautiful highlighter! I have heard a lot about NARS Albatross, but I want to look for cheaper alternatives. Any ideas, anyone? 

5. Illamasqua blushes

Since my love story with their nail polish in 'Rare', I just can't believe I haven't owned anything from this brand YET! And since I'm in a blush rage right now, I checked out their blush color range. And believe me if I tell you that...: WOW-ZA. THESE are really pigmented and bright blushes, which is something I adore, and it really makes NARS dull blushes (most of them, except for the ones I mentioned before) look bad. (Am I really criticizing NARS? Who am I?)

Prices: 19.73€/$26.19/£16.50
All of these blushes are matte, unless stated otherwise (in blushes like Morale, etc.)

As I will have to purchase these online, I want to really check out a LOT of reviews and swatches before I decide. But these are the ones I'm already sold on:

A) PANIC


It's described as a bright cherry red, which makes me fall in love with it. Here is a comparison between NARS Exhibit A and Illamasqua Panic.

(Picture by Lilllgoddess)

B) HUSSY


(Picture by The Beauty Codes)

This is a bright watermelon blush color, and as you will be able to see in the swatch underneath, it is bbbbeautiful. I can see myself wearing this one on a summer night! But, on the other hand, maybe when I'm tanned this can be too light? Hopefully not, but buying online is full of risks.

(Picture by KarlaSugar)

C) TWEAK


I hate the fact that these blushes are pictured unrealistically and dully on the Illamasqua website, because they don't look that alluring on these pictures.

Tweak is describes as a Hot Pink, but from the swatches I've seen (next picture) it looks more of a pinkish-orangey red, which is exactly what I'm looking for! I think it looks a little like Exhibit A from NARS, so maybe I will purchase that one first, just in case!

(Picture by KarlaSugar)

___________________________________________________________________________________

I hope I didn't overwhelm you with products, but I assure you there are MANY more on my list! So I will be doing a second part related to eyeshadows, liners, etc. so that eyeshadow girls won't feel left out! (I know how you feel, I used to be one of you! Still am at heart!)

If you have any of these products, would you be so kind as to tell me what you think about them? Total fail or really worth the splurge? It will be really appreciated!

Love,
Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment