Thursday, July 12, 2012

Best coral nail polish: H&M Check Me Out

I love coral. But I REALLY love corals to be more pink than orange, for some reason. I thought maybe NARS' "Trouville" would be a great acquisition, even Butter London's "Trout Pout", which certainly makes my heart skip a beat! (I think they are both VERY similar, but Trouville is lighter.)

The other day, I discovered the most beautiful coral nail polish, although not pastel like "Trout Pout" and "Trouville", was H&M's "Check Me Out", thanks to a friend's recommendation.

It's 3,99€ so it's not a very expensive nail polish at all! It's not the cheapest either, but I think it's one of the cheapest in my collection. So, in other countries, this might me around 4-5$, and 2£, more or less. 


(It doesn't look that soft in this picture, but believe me or not, 
I took this picture at 2pm and I don't know why it turned out so dark!)

It definitely looks pink on flash pictures, and under the sunlight it's a very soft pink with orange undertones. It's bright, but at the same time, not TOO bright to be inappropriate in formal occasions such as work interviews, but it adds a pop of colour that looks very summery but at the same time, acceptable all year round. 


(The colour shown on the thumb here is a very accurate representation of what the colour really looks like,
and not the previous darker pictures)

It's a very warm pink, and I think it suits many different skin types! It looks positively neon-esque under the sunlight, and for summer, it creates a beautiful look!

(The right side of the bottle is a very accurate way of seeing 
what the colour really looks like under the sunlight)



The packaging is very similar to Butter London's, as you can see here, although if you take H&M's polish's cap off, there isn't a second cap, but I think H&M's brush makes application more comfortable than Butter London's. 

I've been wearing H&M's "Check Me Out" for three days now, and there are no chips. I have to say, however, that you need three coats to achieve full opacity. 

I don't know if this is a limited colour, because I don't really know too much about the permanent line of H&M's nail polishes, but there are very bright and beautiful colours (I actually saw a similar colour to Butter London's "Slapper") so I definitely recommend you to check them out! 

Veredict?
I definitely love this nail polish, in case you still hadn't noticed! This is the perfect summer nail polish, I really fell in love with it from the start, and this will be my go-to colour for the rest of the summer, and probably, the year! 
The only possible perk? It MIGHT be limited edition, so I'm thinking it might be useful to buy a couple more just in case...

Have you ever tried H&M's single nail polishes? Will you give them a go after seeing what "Check Me Out" looks like?

Love, 
Maria.

1 comment:

  1. I really love CMO by h&m! Brought it while visiting Europe last year. I wish I could grab another bottle but living in NZ they don't offer the shipping here :(

    ReplyDelete