Thursday, April 11, 2013

Watch out, ebay shoppers! - China Glaze "Flip Flop Fantasy" copycat

Hi lovelies,

it's been a long time since I've posted anything on here. Mainly, because life has been complicated and has gotten in the way of blogging. I don't want to make any excuses, but I haven't been able to concentrate on posting anything or even buying lots of makeup. 

However, I have been buying lots of nail polishes on eBay, especially those brands that we can't get here like China Glaze. And I don't know if I'm very mistaken, but I think, at some point, I bought China Glaze's "Flip Flop Fantasy", but I got a copycat (I think). 

If any of you owns this nail polish, please tell me if this picture resembles the real colour of the nail polish, because I must admit it doesn't look ANYTHING AT ALL like the swatches I've seen online.

I can't for the life of me remember what was the username of the person I bought it to on eBay, and my purchase history has been mysteriously erased! I haven't had problems with any other nail polish, in case you're wondering, and I've ordered China Glaze polishes on there a million times before. 

THAT is what is weirding me out! 

Exhibit A:


Taken by myself, under artificial lighting.

It was very difficult to photograph due to the fact that it's a neon. It even looks good in this picture, but I assure you, it clashes terribly with my skin. It has SLIGHT tinge of pink, but it's orange and white mostly. And it's weird: nothing ever clashes with my skin, because I'm the palest person out there! 

And these are the reasons why I think I have a poor copy of this nail polish.

Exhibit B:


"Borrowed" from: My Finds Online

See? It's supposed to have a lot more pink, and a slight orange tone about it. When you look at both pictures, you might think... hey, they look really similar! I assure you, in reality it looks like some bad imitation of this colour. VERY BAD. 

But then, it photographed quite pink, so that's why I'm thinking probably the colour is meant to be like this? However, seeing that it's one of China Glaze's most coveted colours, I cannot imagine anyone loving the colour I'm wearing on my nails right now.

Exhibit C:


"Borrowed" from: My Nook of Randomness

More pink in this picture too!

I'm taking a leap of faith and I'm ordering another one (not from eBay, though) and hoping the one I get is completely different from the one I already have. (Fingers crossed!)

Does anyone own or has tried "Flip Flop Fantasy" by China Glaze? What did you think about it? 

Love,
Maria.

UPDATE: I've read a couple of blog posts that talk about the same thing happening to them with CG's Flip Flop Fantasy. Apparently, they created a second batch of FFF and it's way more orange than the original pinky coral one that most of us see when looking for online swatches.

Read all about it HERE!





1 comment: