Saturday, April 21, 2012

Healthy Mix Serum & Healthy Mix Concealer

Hello everyone! :)
I finally got my hands on Bourjois' Healthy Mix Serum, and I also bought the concealer, because I had run out of my NARS foundation and my YSL Touché Eclat, which I will surely repurchase, but I needed a quick fix.

So I'm going to tell you what my initial impressions are of both of these products!

HEALTHY MIX SERUM (FOUNDATION)


The first thing I must say about this foundation is that I was terribly disappointed about the range of colors available. There were literally FOUR colors available at my Bourjois counter. I am guessing they think all spanish people have the same coloring? The darkest wouldn't have suited my mother's skin, and the palest, which is the one I got, is a bit darker than my skin. This color will definitely suit me in summer, but not now, when my skin is very very pale still. But a good buffing will do the trick, and as it doesn't look too orangey, it looks quite nice and even.



The shade I picked up was 53 Light beige. 52 would have suited me way better.




It has a fruity scent, which doesn't bother me at all, but if you have sensitive skin, this might cause irritations, and break outs, but I really like it!

It didn't look very oily on me, and it definitely has some staying power, even if I didn't set it with any powder. It doesn't have the BEST coverage, and as I did have a couple of blemishes, this didn't cover them completely. On the other hand, it is very lightweight, so it doesn't feel cakey AT ALL, and I definitely love the texture, which they promote as gel-like, but I think it it like a normal liquid foundation (in my opinion, at least.)

I definitely like this product, for a day in which your skin hasn't too many blemishes and you don't want full coverage!


Healthy Mix concealer in shade 51; Healthy Mix Serum in 53



HEALTHY MIX CONCEALER

Even if it looks way too light in the swatches, this means that a little goes a long way, and a little blob will work for both my under-eyes, and will cover ANY blueness, or redness I have, making my eyes look very awake and bright. This has definitely been a discovery, and I'm in love.




THE VEREDICT:
I love both of these products. Even if the shades weren't the best, that's my own fault, but even then, I was able to work with both of them, achieving a bronzey glow (not orange, I assure you) and a soft brightness under the eyes (not white either).

Do take into account, however, if you're looking for a full coverage foundation, the H.M. Serum is NOT going to meet your expectations! 


I still have to test the staying power of the serum (foundation), but I will keep you posted tonight on that, as I am wearing it to a party, and this HAS to stay on (at least) a good 6-7 hour period for me to REALLY like it!




Love,
Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment